Jun 30, 2019

MTA.ca art grad cartoonist Michael de Adder's Anti-Trump Crusade Ends in NB...

The hardest part in all of this,I have a mother with dimentia in NB who has a hard time remembering her family at times.But she knows her son draws cartoons. Part of her daily routine is to open the and see her son's cartoon.A cartoon that won't be there anymore.

Cartoonist Michael de Adder was let go from his job drawing editorial cartoons for all the major New Brunswick newspapers 24 hours after his Donald Trump cartoon went viral on social media, a job he held for 17 years. #@@AAEC_Cartoonist

What's crazier, a cartoonist getting fired from a newspaper for a cartoon he didn't draw [] or a cartoonist being fired from a newspaper for a cartoon they didn't run?

This was scheduled to appear today. Donald Sutherland receives the Order of Canada. He was born in New Brunswick. It was based upon a cartoon I did years ago for a book I did on the province. The fact that they didn't even run it is telling. All ties had to be cut ASAP.

*Technically I wasn't fired. I was under contract not employed.

I'm not the type of person who's going to make a career out of being fired.I'm still successfully drawing cartoons for other publications.I just need to recoup a percentage of my weekly income and get used to the idea I no longer have a voice in my home province.

I loved drawing cartoons for my home province. I'm a proud New Brunswicker. I will survive.


My advice for Michael is to focus on Canadian politicians for a while .. many of us would appreciate some seriously good fun made of Trudeau 2.0... Scheer and Bernier ... have fun; make art; carry on.. election year... its never dull.



No comments:

Post a Comment