Aug 22, 2018

James Kennedy says to "The Baron" UNB SJ

-- James Kennedy on facebook comments were left at "The Baron" newspaper, UNB Saint John New Brunswick


 .. 
James Kennedy " It's all above my pay grade. I met Ricardo during the strike and he's an ok guy, but a real academic, and outside of the academic world his words and ideas are used by some rather unsavoury groups. I like him, he is extremely well read, and I would encourage my daughter to take one of his classes, but I would certainly be looking over here shoulder to see how she responds to it. Dr. Duschene takes great pains to distinguish between European Culture and White Racism, but to most people myself included it still comes across as bunk racism. I know it isn't that way in his mind or in his heart, but that is the way it come across to most people. As I said, all above my pay grade, but there it is. So as I see it, if this is one of his students, we still have a lot of work to do, and we should not just throw her under the bus. I wish I knew more about healing circles. It seems hypocritical that we are all about being inclusive and honour our First Mations, except when we might actually learn something from them." 

The Baron had [ a student Anna ] published an article[s] by Michael Thurlow, NSCLRP ..  

University of New Brunswick academic culture called that a " no no "...and  its still a sore spot for the journos at "The Baron" https://twitter.com/thebaronsj

Prof. Ricardo Duchesne's website https://www.eurocanadian.ca/2018/08/righteous-indigenization.html



Michael Thurlow also got removed from Twitter this year.  Image from google images archive.. Prof. Rick Mehta came under fire from even associating with Thurlow... some youtube interviews with Thurlow can be found online...



In my humble opinion the 'community' spanked the kids at the paper and Anna for actually doing journalism.. as uncomfortable as it might have been to read Thurlow's ideas it was true journalism.. pure and unadultered .. they 'cucked' and removed the piece[s] and wrote about it with much apologetics http://www.thebaron.ca/2018/01/31/statement-from-the-board-of-directors/

Let ideas out into the marketplace of ideas.. that's my advice... stay cool, breathe..
Tough to support the culture of clobbering free speech .. its destructive as hell.



I did encounter James Kennedy on Twitter.. he had some choice words for his followers.......




No comments:

Post a Comment