At this link: Week One of Turning an Old Hay Barn into my Dream Business
"When asked about what her hopes and dreams for the space are, Purchase says she hopes it becomes a multifunctional space.
“I think listening to what the community would like is the kind of the direction I’m going in. My dream for it is to serve the community in some kind of way. I still want to plant that willow, though. It’s such a sustainable resource and it’s so unique. There’s only a handful of farms in Canada that do it, and I want to make baskets in there. So I’m hoping that I can pair the two of them really beautifully and have the community come in and us the space and also learn about willow and basket weaving.”
To follow Purchase’s journey and to see her art, check out her Instagram (@dawn_purchase), Youtube, and Tiktok (@dawn_purchase). She will also be at the Traditional Artistry Festival in Dorchester at the Keillor House on August 8 and 9."
Register by emailing: thethicketdawnpurchase@gmail.com


No comments:
Post a Comment