#endracebasedlaw
"But later, Tantramar Heritage Trust Past President Logan Atkinson said he feared that time had run out for the 110-year-old covered bridge and that farmers would now lose another year waiting for construction of a newer one beside it.
“I don’t think they would put up with that,” he said, “so that means that the only outcome has to be taking the [covered] bridge down.”
Mitton replied that she spoke to DTI Minister Chuck Chiasson last week who said officials had been trying to reach the owner of the land where the new bridge would go.
“The soil may be an issue in terms of what’s possible to build there,” she said, adding that in order to get environmental approvals, there would need to be an archeological investigation to determine if there are Indigenous artefacts there.
“So, I’m pushing them to move faster,” Mitton said, adding that she would be meeting the district engineer on Friday and the DTI minister again next week."
source: MLA Mitton presses province on road tolls, health care and fate of Wheaton Covered Bridge |
Photography of the local covered bridge in question by THE Indie Media Eastcoast




No comments:
Post a Comment